7 Days of Pumpkin Day 3 is here! I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s yummy breakfast recipe. Today I’m sharing a recipe for a pumpkin dinner I made recently. Yes, dinner!
This blog post was totally unplanned! I was really just having fun in the kitchen one evening and decided to quickly take some photos as I cooked. I had some leftover pumpkin after making these muffins, and I decided to use it in that night’s dinner. I was experimenting and using whatever I had on hand, so using the exact measurements listed below isn’t completely necessary. 🙂 This pasta sauce is delicious and healthy. I tossed it with my favorite vegetable pasta, and it made the perfect autumn meal.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan plus extra for topping
- 1/2 – 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- pasta of choice
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan, and add garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
- Cook tomatoes on medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until a sauce is formed and tomatoes are cooked down. In the meantime, cook the pasta.
- Add pumpkin and parmesan cheese, and stir until cheese is melted. Slowly add chicken broth until sauce has reached desired consistency. (I prefer mine a bit thinner so it can evenly coat the pasta.)
- Add basil and bring the sauce to a low boil to ensure it is heated thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- Combine sauce with pasta and toss to coat. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I hope you enjoy this cozy meal! I know my family did. 🙂