Hey, ladies (and gents)! New Years Eve is one of my favorite nights of the year. There is something so magical about getting all dressed up, sipping champagne, and kissing at the stroke of midnight. Every woman deserves to ring in the New Year feeling like a queen, and I created this simple and quick makeup look to do just that! (Seriously, this took me 15 minutes tops.)
The look I created is sophisticated and minimalistic. The focus is on the lips which I paired with a GORGEOUS shimmery eye. I kept the skin glowy and fresh to give a more natural look. I am so happy with how it turned out. Also, after just recently graduating from makeup artist school, I’m excited to finally be sharing a beauty post with you all. Follow the steps below to see how I did this festive look. 🙂
1. The preparation of the skin is one of the most important parts of any makeup look and should never be neglected. Start off with a lightweight moisturizer and massage it into your skin. I like this one from Mary Kay because it works for all skin types and is a great base for your foundation. Next, take 1-2 drops of a facial oil (Josie Maran is the best) and apply it over top of any dry patches and anywhere you want some added glow. Lock in all that moisture and prep skin for foundation with a facial mist or setting spray.
2. Apply foundation to the skin, starting in the center of the face and working outwards. I like to blend it in with my fingers for a more natural look and then buff it out with a foundation brush. (Be sure to blend down your neck.) Apply concealer to any blemishes and under the eyes to brighten. To maintain a healthy glow, I only powdered under the eyes, the bridge of the nose, and the center of the forehead. This one from NARS sets foundation beautifully and looks great in pictures.
3. The eyes are my very favorite part! I simply took this Bobbi Brown cream shadow stick in Goldstone (a glittery brown shade) all over the eyelid and blended it out with my finger. I then took a golden brown shade (no. 2 in the photo) from the Sephora Collection Moonshadow baked palette and tapped it on the center of the lid with my finger to add some more shimmer. For the lower lash, I used the Bobbi Brown cream shadow stick again for a monochromatic eye. I took a tiny bit of eye shadow no. 3 on a fluffy brush and blended it into the outer crease for some added drama. I finished off the eyes with Benefit’s Roller Lash mascara (aka one of the most amazing mascaras ever … no curling needed!)
4. For a healthy flush, apply a shimmery pink blush to cheeks and then highlight the high points of the face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupids bow, and inner corners of eyes.) I LOVE this one from Benefit because its super easy to just tap on with your fingers and creates a natural glow.
5. And finally, the lips! First, apply a lip balm and blot off the excess with a kleenex so the lipstick doesn’t slide around. I love using cream lip stains because they are long-lasting, and the Sephora Collection ones are amazing (especially this deep red shade for the holiday season.) Next, I used a dark lip liner to clean up the edges and create some definition. Also, don’t neglect your brows!!! I kept them natural by brushing on some of Benefit’s gimmebrow tinted brow gel to set and define my model’s already perfect eyebrows.
And if you followed the steps, it should look something like this … 🙂
I hope some of you found this post helpful or, if anything, got some inspiration for your own NYE looks! I hope you all have an amazing night celebrating with family and friends and wish you all the best in the new year! Also, thank you to my beautiful sister for letting me use your face. 😉 HAPPY 2017!