Hello, everyone! Last week I was given the amazing opportunity to collaborate with Bobbi Brown (!!!)
A little backstory: Bobbi Brown herself is one of my biggest inspirations when it comes to makeup and well-being. When I was 14, my mom gave me the Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty book, and I immediately fell in love. I learned so much on how to apply makeup naturally. I later saw Bobbi Brown’s Ultimate Makeup Lesson on YouTube (which I now recommend to literally everyone) and purchased some of the key products she uses in the tutorial. I remember being so excited when my package came in the mail. I immediately opened it and started testing out the products. The makeup artistry school I attended in Copenhagen supplied Bobbi Brown products for us to work with, and I was further educated and had the opportunity to test out and play with even more Bobbi Brown products. To this day I still use the foundation stick, corrector, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, and other various products from the brand. Even though Bobbi has left the company to explore new opportunities (which I am also so excited about!) many of the brand’s principles remain the same, and the products that she put so much love into creating are some of my very favorites.
Just a few (evidently used and loved) products in my own Bobbi Brown Collection. 🙂
Continuing on, you can imagine how excited I was when I was invited to visit the Bobbi Brown counter at Illum here in Copenhagen. I received a BB Makeover by Eliano Bou Assi, Director of Education and Artistry at Bobbi Brown. He has been with the company for 14 years. Eliano was in the Copenhagen area for a day, and I was lucky enough to meet him! He did a gorgeous, glamorous look on me and gave me lots of tips and tricks throughout the process.
- Soothing Cleansing Oil – gently removes impurities and makeup without stripping the skin
- Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover
- Hydrating Face Tonic – Eliano loves using this because unlike traditional toners, it doesn’t contain alcohol which can be harsh on the skin.
- Skin Moisture Solution Remedy – great for prepping the skin before makeup to give that lit-from-within glow
- Vitamin-Enriched Face Base – amazing because it is a moisturizer + primer in one! I have personally used this and love it.
- Hydrating Eye Cream – When applying this before makeup, Eliano suggests only tapping it under the eye, as applying it on the eyelid can cause your eyeshadow to crease.
I have been wanting to try the new Skin Long-Wear Weightless foundation for months! Eliano says this is a great foundation because it provides full coverage while still looking natural. I normally tend to avoid matte foundations, as my skin can be quite dry. However, this foundation looked so beautiful on my skin! I was also very impressed with its performance. It wasn’t heavy, didn’t cake up, and lasted the entire day (even through the crazy heatwave Copenhagen is experiencing!) Before applying, Eliano tested several different foundation sticks on my skin to find my perfect shade. (For those of you wondering, I am Porcelain.) After that, he applied the foundation with a foundation brush and further pressed it in with the warmth of his fingers. He says this ensures that the foundation is blended and looks like skin.
For my under-eye area, Eliano started with the Bobbi Brown Corrector in porcelain bisque. I own this and use it all the time. Bobbi’s method for tackling dark circles is first using the corrector to brighten and cover discoloration and then follow up with a concealer to further brighten and neutralize. After corrector, I usually use Bobbi’s Creamy Concealer Kit, but Eliano let me test out their new Instant Full Cover Concealer. He applied this under my eyes, around the nose, and on the chin. One of Eliano’s best tips is to tap over the skin with a little wedge sponge after applying foundation and concealer. This removes excess product and prevents the makeup from setting into fine lines and creasing.
In the second photo below you can see the amazing difference corrector and concealer makes!
To finish off the skin, he applied a bit of Retouching Loose Powder in white on the bridge of my nose, under my eyes, and on my forehead to combat shine and disguise the look of my pores. For the cheeks, Eliano used a good amount of Pale Pink Pot Rouge and topped it off with a bit of Highlighting Powder in Pink Glow. I already own the pot rouge and use it all the time. I LOVED the highlighter and might purchase it in the future. 🙂
- Lip Balm with SPF 15 – Eliano suggests to always prep the lips with a balm before applying any color.
- Luxe Lip Color in Red Berry 19 – The star of the show! Moisturizing, prevents lip flaking, and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Lip Pencil in Sangria – Pro Tip: Use lipliner after lipstick to perfect the shape and intensify the color. Use a Q-tip to clean up the edges.
- Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in Grey – Eliano suggests a cool, grey shade in the brows for those who are fair skinned. Anything else may look too red and warm.
- Light Brow Kit
- Waterproof Brow Shaper in Clear – This was one of the best brow gels I’ve ever tried. It wasn’t stiff or crunchy and didn’t flake off my brows throughout the day.
- Long-Wear Sparkle Stick in Prosecco – Go buy this right now! This was my favorite eye product Eliano used. When you have a bold lip, Eliano suggests keeping the eye look subtle. He simply put one layer of this sparkle stick all over the lid and patted it in with his finger. It looked gorgeous and was incredibly easy!
- Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink – applied to the lash line with an angled brush for definiton
- Smokey Eye Mascara – I wear this on the daily, and it never fails.
- Metallic Eye Shadow in Champagne Quartz – Pro Tip: After finishing the eye look, take a tiny bit of a metallic shadow on a fluffy cheek brush. Pat all over the entire lid up to the brow bone to set the eye look and leave a wash of shimmer. The shape of the cheek brush fits perfectly over the eyelid and the color is much more sheer when applied with a big fluffy brush as opposed to a denser, smaller brush.
The final look
This called for a photo shoot.
A BIG THANK YOU to Eliano and all the lovely employees at Bobbi Brown Illum! If you’re interested in trying out some of the products I mentioned today or would love having your makeup done by a BB Artist, visit your local Bobbi Brown counter. I highly recommend it as it was an amazing experience. 🙂 It was so exciting to collaborate with a brand I am so passionate about and dream of working for someday.