How has it been EIGHT MONTHS since I posted a muffin recipe?
Life has been busy (not a bad thing!) so I have found meal-prepping to be super helpful. I’ve been making muffins or snack bars on Sundays to eat for breakfast or snacks throughout the week. I’ve tested the recipe I’m sharing today three times now, and it hasn’t failed me yet! It is so simple with only four ingredients (and most of them are healthy!)
Banana Cake Mix Muffins
Makes approximately 18 muffins
- 3-4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cake mix of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 177 C. Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add eggs and apple sauce. Mix together.
- Add cake mix and stir with spatula until combined. Batter may look a bit lumpy, but be careful not to overmix!
- Scoop batter into muffin pan filling each cup 3/4 of the way full. I like using an ice cream scoop. 🙂
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool and serve!
- For this particular batch of muffins, I used a spice cake mix. It was SO delicious! Alternatively, you can use vanilla, white, chocolate, or pumpkin cake mix.
- I sometimes add chocolate chips or blueberries to the mix depending on what cake batter I make.
- You can substitute butter or oil for the applesauce. I simply use applesauce to make it sweeter and lighter. 🙂
Enjoy! Hope you’re having a lovely day.